Covid-19 Protocol from Groups2Go
A year ago, Covid-19 began to spread throughout the world, and with it, a new normal arrived to which we have had to adapt regardless of our age or the country we live in. And although at the beginning we thought that this would happen in a matter of weeks, the reality was that over the months we had to find new ways to communicate and carry out activities that we used to do regularly, such as seeing our friends, attending events or traveling. . For Groups2Go and their entire team it was no different, because in these months we had to find a way to reinvent ourselves to continue accompanying you in each of your events and incentive trips, taking care of every detail, mainly everyone’s health. Part of this process consisted of creating a protocol to improve health measures and reduce the risk of contagion, in this way we put the well-being of your guests, as well as of all our collaborators and service providers, as a priority. Before telling you a little more about our protocols, we want to leave you important information about Covid-19, which although it can be a bit repetitive, we consider that being well informed on this subject is vital, since we are going through a crucial moment in the that we must not lower our guard and continue to take care of ourselves.
What is Covid-19?
It is an infectious disease caused by the coronavirus that has been discovered more recently. Both the new virus and the disease were unknown before the outbreak broke out in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. What are the symptoms? The most common symptoms are fever, tiredness, and a dry cough, although some people may have pain, a stuffy nose, runny nose, sore throat, or diarrhea. Generally, these symptoms are usually mild and appear gradually, or some people become infected but do not develop any symptoms. Most people, about 80%, recover from the disease without the need for any special treatment. On the other hand, 1 in 6 people who contract COVID-19 develop a serious illness and have difficulty breathing. Older people and those with underlying medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, heart problems, or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. How is COVID-19 spread? The virus that causes COVID-19 is transmitted primarily through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or breathes out. These droplets are too heavy to remain suspended in the air and fall rapidly to the ground or surfaces. How can we protect ourselves? Regardless of the different protocols that companies or establishments have adopted to prevent contagion, it is necessary for each of us to follow the WHO recommendations, and thus do our part to fight this disease:
- Wash our hands frequently using an alcohol-based disinfectant, or with soap and water to eliminate the viruses that we can get on our hands.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 meter with anyone who does not live with us, since when someone speaks, coughs or sneezes, droplets of liquid that may contain the virus are released through the nose or mouth.
If we are too close, we can breathe them and with them the virus, if that person has the disease.
- Wear a mask, as 30 to 40 percent of infected people may not show symptoms, but they still transmit the virus unknowingly by coughing, sneezing, or just talking.
- Avoid touching our eyes, nose and mouth, since the hands touch many surfaces and can pick up the virus and once contaminated they can transfer it.
- Both we, and the people around us, must ensure that we maintain good respiratory hygiene. That means covering your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing. The used tissue must be disposed of immediately.
- Stay home if we have symptoms. For fever, cough, and shortness of breath, it is important to seek medical attention.
Remember that we must keep up to date and follow the instructions of the health authorities.
As we have shared with you, throughout these months we had the opportunity to reinvent our services and the way we carry them out, with the sole purpose of continuing to accompany you on your events and trips, taking care of every detail as before. Therefore, we take the time to design our Covid-19 Protocol in the most careful way, which has the sole objective of preventing coronavirus infections among participants, organizers, service providers and the public attending all our events. By applying this protocol to the letter, we minimize the risks of contagion to the maximum:
– Filling of the AFAC questionnaire prior to the flight – Web Check In 24 hours before * – Use of bag sanitizer. * Only applies for domestic flights, there will be cases where the airline does not allow it.
– Sanitized units and drivers with face masks, gloves and gel. – Handling of doors and luggage by operators. – Capacity at 50% of the unit
PRIOR TO THE EVENT
– Digital medical questionnaire prior to the event of the participants (only for emergency use) and disclaimer. – Review of the temperature of the GZG Staff – Delivery of Health Kit to participants.
DURING THE EVENT
– G2G staff with face masks, gloves and gel at all times. – All greeting or conversation without physical contact. – Temperature measurement and delivery of gel upon arrival of the participants. – Delivery of Health Kit for participants at the beginning of the event. – Quick Check In / Digital registration with healthy distance. – Baggage handling by Concierge exclusively. – Antibacterial gel always at the entrance of the venues. – Assemblies at 50% capacity. – Personalized materials for the sessions. – Coffee Break in open area with assigned staff / individual presentations. – Microphones and sanitized equipment. – Food plating service in restaurants and private events. – Change of format of group / private dinners. – Sanitation of rooms with a single entry per day of the staff. – Non-essential room amenities are removed. – Nightly courtesy delivery by housekeeper. – Use of digital media for internal communication of the event. – Check out Express.
After the event
– Digital questionnaire to monitor the participants. Remember that in Groups2Go we challenge status, that is why we can shape and prepare our collaborators to overcome present and future adversities. Therefore, from the arrival of the pandemic, we seek the possibility of designing new sustainable possibilities for companies that seek to generate emotions with unforgettable experiences. With this, we demonstrate, once again, that we like challenges, that is why we push the limits of creativity, and expand the flow of face-to-face and virtual communication. Learn more about our services, and dare to give us the opportunity to build new experiences that will make each of your events remain in the memory of your guests thanks to the emotions we generate in them. Groups2Go, always taking care of the details that enhance the impact of your brand, transforming your communication into incredible events.